Step 1 - New MVC 3 Project
There are plenty of resources available to show you how to start a new MVC 3 Project in Visual Studio 2010 so i won't go into that...
Step 2 - Add Entity Framework 4.1 as your ORM
There are a few different ways to do this but i use the NuGet package which is pretty straight forward.
- Open your MVC3 project in VS2010
- Tools > Library Package Manager > Manage NuGet packages
- Click 'Online' in the left hand menu so you can search for new packages
- Search for 'Entity Framework' - at the time of writing, version 4.2 was available but you can also go direct to the nuget site and some previous versions may be available, for instance, i'm using version 4.1.10331.0
- See http://nuget.org/packages/entityframework
- Under the 'Data' heading, choose 'ADO.Net Entity Data Model'
- Follow the prompts accordingly...use Google for more info ;-)
- You can get the latest version of StructureMap from here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/structuremap/
- Note: The official documentation for Structure Map can be found here: http://structuremap.net/structuremap/QuickStart.htm
- Be sure not to confuse this with another very similar package called 'StructureMap-MVC3' which is now deprecated